Visiting and Volunteering
Flags: There may be PDF links that failed to load, There may be images/galleries that failed to load,Parent Volunteers at Lake
Would you like to volunteer? We'd love to have you.
1. Please read the Vista Unified Volunteer Handbook.
2. Complete page 6 in the handbook, which is the volunteer form.
2. Come into the Lake office and bring your completed form to INTERNAL LINK Claudia, our community liaison, along with all necessary paperwork (i.e. vaccine card, valid government ID, TB test results).
Vista schools are deeply committed to the use of volunteers to help teachers in the classroom, help supervise on field trips, and perform many other services for the schools. Volunteers can enrich education by sharing their special hobbies, skills, vocation, or special knowledge with students. Please contact the teacher and/or site administrator if you would like to share your unique specialty. You must pre-arrange with the teacher if you would like to volunteer.
A volunteer is defined as an individual who, with school district authorization, voluntarily assists on a regular and ongoing basis of 20 hours or more per school year. District policy requires a volunteer to complete: a Volunteer Application, Megan’s Law Background Check, have a current TB clearance, sign a Volunteer Code of Conduct form, and sign in and out each visit on the Guest/Volunteer Registry located in our school office.
*In addition, as of June 6, 2022 volunteers are required to show proof of vaccination or a weekly negative test result. Prior to volunteering, volunteers must pre-arrange a day and time with the teacher. Volunteer Application and the Volunteer Code of Conduct can be picked up in the school office.
*This is subject to change.Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Sign in and out of the office
- Show badge when you are on campus
- Use only adult bathrooms
- Never be alone with students
- Do not solicit contact with students outside of school
- Do not share directory information
- Maintain confidentiality
- Do not transport students
- Do not take photos of students that are not your own
- Do not share personal information about students
- Do not post or share harmful or inappropriate content that could be construed as harassment
- No violent behavior, smoking, alcohol, weapons, etc.
- Only do what is in best personal and educational interest of every child - Report to site personnel when student is in danger or unwell
- Treat all school personnel with respect
- Visitors and volunteers should not be on the playground or at lunch tables while on campus
- No children are allowed in the workroom
- Staff lounge is for staff only
VISITOR & VOLUNTEER POLICY
In order to insure student safety, confidentiality and to minimize interruptions to the instructional program, we appreciate your cooperation with the following policy:
- Classroom Volunteers/Visitors must be approved through the Volunteer/Visitor process. Please be familiar with the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Classroom visitations and volunteers must be arranged with the teacher in advance.
- All visitors/volunteers must sign in and out in the front office.
- All visitors/volunteers must wear a Lake Visitor badge or VUSD Identification when on campus.
- These visitations must be limited to 30 minutes unless prior volunteer arrangements have been made with the classroom teacher.
- Visitations and volunteer hours are not progress reports or parent conferences.
- Confidentiality will be strictly enforced (directory information, photographs, electronic recordings and any student, health, behavioral, educational or personal information).
- Campus tours for new students are scheduled during the spring, preceding the new school year. (Check with the office for times.)